- Area: 1536Hectares
- Geological Reserves:
- Lignite (MMT): 40.34
- Overburden: 492 MM3
- Stripping Ratio: 1:12.2
- Maximum Depth: 116 mts.
- Lignite Mined Out:
19.147 MTe (Till November 2011)
Actual mining of Vastan mine has commenced on 31st May 1996.
Vastan Lignite Project Mine Block is located in Mangrol Taluka of Surat District, in Gujarat State; some 300 Km. from Mumbai station is connected by all weather roads from Surat as well as Ankleshwar. Nearest railway station is Kim on Bombay to Vadodara route, which is 18 Km from Vastan mine site.
Vocational Training Centre and Occupational Health Centre
- Well equipped with Vocational Training Officer with requisite number of instructors. Modern Occupational Health & Training Center is developed to cater the needs of development of Departmental and contractor work men.
- A well defined system of selection & induction of contractual workmen is framed & implemented. Emphasis is given on occupation health surveillance & training of work person for safe & healthy working condition in the mine.
- Setting and Implementation of a very high degree of Safety and Occupational Health Standards.
- Training Imparted to 585 Contractual Employees during the FY 2008-09.
- Winner of First Prize for Health, First Aid and Vocational Training Centre in Annual Safety week competition held among lignite group of mines of Gujarat and Rajasthan states for the year 2008-09 on 11/01/2009.
Vastan Lignite Mine - Status of Environment Compliance
Env. Cleanrance Vastan by MOEF 19.06.96
Environment Compliance of EC
Environment Monitoring Report
Jan 2013-June 2013
July 2012-Dec 2012
Jan 2012-June 2012
July 2011-Dec 2011
Post Monsoon 2011
Post Monsoon 2010